A look at the geology, climate and culture of Spain
Spain is a very diverse country in geological, botanical, cultural, and culinary terms. This is because of its size, its plentiful mountains and, above all, the different cultures that had inhabited the country throughout the years. Phoenicians in the Mediterranean coast, Vikings in the North and not forgetting the Roman Empire, Arab culture, the Goths, and Celts.
The architecture ranges from the Roman, Mozarabic, Romanesque, Gothic, Neo-Classical and Modernist styles can be seen in the different villages and cities throughout the country. There are 44 UNESCO world heritage sites in Spain, and every route passes some of them.
The Iberian Peninsula is located in the south-western part of Europe, and it allows us to enjoy the benefits of the ocean currents from the Gulf Mexico. This is the reason why our climate is nicer than other countries situated in the same parallel.
Furthermore, Spain is crisscrossed by various mountain ranges with peaks reaching up to 3.4 Km. That means that all the tours have great motorcycling activity with twisting roads & amazing landscapes that vary depending on the part of the country where the tour is being done.
This wealth in cultures and climes provide an opportunity for Riders to enjoy a rich variety of cuisine. After a hard ride, a fantastic meal is the best way of refueling for the next round!
The Tours Calendar is based on the weather in different parts of Spain through which the routes run.
• Andalusia: In the south of Spain, with a predominantly Mediterranean climate. The best times to ride are in the winter months, early spring and autumn, when you can enjoy exciting landscapes: from the desert of Almeria, to the snows of Sierra Nevada, through amazing places in the mountains of Ronda or Cazorla, or the extensive beaches of Malaga and Cadiz. Also another must see are the UNESCO heritage cities such as Seville, Cordoba and Granada.
• Castilla, Central Spain: With a continental climate, it is appropriate to tour in spring and autumn. The extensive highlands ensure an unparalleled experience. The different geology for each mountain chain gives a unique identity to them. Also the unique flora and fauna for each region changes the landscape at every turn. Aranjuez, Toledo, Cuenca, El Escorial, Salamanca, Ávila, Cáceres, Segovia, Guadalupe & Alcalá de Henares are cities with palaces and buildings designated by UNESCO.
• Northern Spain: Is the area with a less benign climate for motorcycle activitythroughout the year, except on summer months, that is the ideal season. The landscapes and routes of this area make it unforgettable for the Rider. The North is split into two different areas:
• The Cantabrian coast and Galicia, where the sea merges with the mountains. You can ride while watching the sea smashing onto the coast, getting into the valleys, through 400 meters ravines where there is only the road and the river. What about cuisine? The best one.
• The Pyrenees, up, down, another curve, a dream landscape, the mountain ports of the "Tour de France" and the "Vuelta a España". Deep valleys full of sunflower fields & drilled of crystalline rivers between the high mountains.